Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Gang's All Here

Grandpa, brother David, and cousin Emily are in Spain! How wonderful it is to have them here. Seriously, I could not be happier. To see them, spend time with them, and show them my life in Madrid is wonderful. David and Emily both said to me, "This is like a movie, Katie. Your apartment, your life here. It's so cool." Just feeling so incredibly fortunate to have them around.

Today is Father's Day here, which Spain has purposely made fall on St. Joseph’s day since the Catholic Church holds a significant influence on its culture. So today, I'd like to just thank my grandpa (gramps), almost eighty years old, who is here, walking from Retiro Park to the Puerta del Sol sin problema. And to think that in the past two years, we have traveled together through three continents - Europe, South America, and Africa. He truly shows his grandchildren how to live. How blessed are we to have him as a role model and friend.

No comments: