Thursday, May 21, 2009

Unexpected Travels

Though I have always wanted to visit Vienna and the thought briefly passed my mind as I booked my May trip to Budapest, it didn't occur to me that I'd actually make the trip this time around. Yet the night before hopping on that Hungarian train to Austria, I made the decision, only after twenty-four hours of being in Budapest, to go to Vienna early the next morning. And what a sound decision I made! I loved every step of the city with so much classical music history and beauty. It's filled with such old world Austrian charm, and despite going through WWII, the city has managed to preserve its rich musical treasures, Habsburg traditions and palace, Stephansdom cathedral, and well-organized, quaint streets filled with bakeries and cafés on every corner. At every block there is another opportunity to take another photo, and with the black/white setting on my digital Canon, I hope I somehow managed to capture the unique charm of Eastern Austria before heading back to the train station for my three hour return trip to Budapest.

No comments: