Saturday, August 1, 2009

Moving On Already? Not Quite.

Taken from travel journal, 23/06/09:

On another, YES! another, EasyJet flight, flying home to Madrid today. A week from now I'll be leaving this chapter of teaching and adventures for the US of A. And tomorrow I'll be on my next EasyJet flight to Scotland, the last final hurray before starting LSAT studies and the law school application process. Still cannot believe that this year in Europe has finally come to an end. To think of all the trips I've made, all the visitors I've had, all of the great friends and the amazing people I've met and worked with ... literally with a *snap* of the fingers, I'm heading back to America on British Airways once again.

So many things have happened, so many mistakes made, but so much more learned and gained. I feel stronger than what I was last September 21st. Through my professional experiences both with nannying and teaching English, I have learned to always keep in mind that this culture is not my culture - if they do things a certain way (or not do things) it's because it's their way. Because I'm in their country, I need to be respectful and open to this way.

Te acuerdas, Katy ... no estás en América.

No comments: