Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Brilliant

I should really think a name for him. Or better yet, simply ask, ¿cómo te llamas? He might be one of my favorite persons in this city, that keeps feeling smaller and smaller each day. Yet I don´t even know his name. But he makes me smile and brightens up these never-ending rainy mornings.

And for all of you back home thinking, but you have a boyfriend, no os preocupeis. Don´t worry. I am in love with his music, as my favorite nameless stranger is a violinist. A brilliant one at that, always playing Mozart, Vivaldi, and Handel. So talented. He stands and plays for thousands of people busily passing by him on their commutes to work, right before the Cercanias (notice my favorite word again) entrance at Nuevos Ministerios. It´s like that story about the famous violinist, Joshua Bell, discovered on the streets of New York and who now is a world renowned musician.

I should really find out his name.

No comments: